Michele Pescasio, MD, CAQSM
Board-Certified, Family and Sports Medicine
- Fellowship Trained Sports Medicine Physician
- Former Medical Director, USF S.M.A.R.T. Institute
- Respected Medical Educator
- Concussion Expert
- Athletic Related Trauma
- Concussion Testing, Diagnosis and Treatment
- Exercise Prescriptions
- Geriatric Medicine
- Hyaluronic Acid Injections, including but not limited to: Euflexxa, Synvisic and Orthovisc
- Professional, Collegiate and High School Athlete Care
- Sports Injury Prevention and Treatment
Michele Pescasio, MD, CAQSM is a board-certified sports medicine physician, with a passion for helping athletes of all ages. As a respected medical educator, Dr. Pescasio trains the next generation of sports medicine physicians ensuring athletes hit the field safely now and for years to come.
Dr. Pescasio’s medical experience includes an impressive variety of positions including formerly serving as the team physician for the Tampa Bay Storm, University of South Florida Athletics (including the basketball and football teams), countless area high schools and a physician consultant for the NFL Europa. She earned her medical degree from Ross University School of Medicine in New York before relocating to Birmingham, Alabama where she completed her residency and two fellowships, in geriatric medicine and sports medicine.
Dr. Pescasio is the proud mother of two boys and enjoys staying active in North Tampa community by coaching T-Ball and teaching at University of South Florida.
- Team physician, Wharton High School
- Board-Certified, Family and Sports Medicine
- Fellowship, Sports Medicine, American Sports Medicine Institute, Birmingham, AL
- Fellowship, Geriatric Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
- Residency, Family Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
- Medical Degree, Ross University School of Medicine, New York, New York
- American Medical Society of Sports Medicine
- American Association of Family Physicians
- Florida Association of Family Physicians
You can find Dr. Pescasio in the Health and Wellness Center to the left of Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel located at 2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd.
Tampa Bay Sports Medicine and Performance – Wesley Chapel
2700 Healing Way, Suite 110
Wesley Chapel, FL 33543